08 June 2018
Two OEMs were owning and sharing a pool of packaging. The packaging management and transport were operated by two different logistics providers. The service level was quite low due to a limited inventory management.
From this observation, we identified their need to have a dedicated packaging solution to sustain its growth as current manufacturer’s system led to shortages of packaging on supplier plant.
Furthermore, our clients had specific expectations:
• Full service on Packaging: inventory, stock level, quality audit
• One single supplier optimising the flows, packaging availability and reducing cost
• Getting cash back from its old pool
How did we set-up this solution?
A pool solution allowing suppliers to order what they really need has been implemented by GEFCO with:
• A unique central team for flows and Packaging Management and a contract manager close to customer sites
• 2 high-standard foldable packaging
• A dedicated implementation project team using standard processes
• Co-branded communication to suppliers with new Standard Operation process
What were the logistics solutions we developed?
Quality/ health & safety
average monthly movements
packaging on-time and complete deliveries