GEFCO sets itself apart in the world of logistics with its culture of responsibility forged by its industrial experience. The Group's team spirit helps to implant and disseminate its values and ethical principles throughout the world.
OUR COMMITMENTS TO ETHICS ON A GLOBAL SCALE
We are committed to respecting and ensuring respect for fundamental rights in all of our countries of operation, with no exceptions.
An agreement guaranteeing our social responsibility
Our Global Framework Agreement on Social Responsibility, adopted in 2006 and renewed and enriched in 2010, is applied in 29 subsidiaries. It ensures compliance with 4 key principles:
- Respect for and promotion of basic human rights,
- Support for employees during all changes in activity and employment, avoiding emergency terminations and conversions,
- Shared social responsibility with suppliers or sub-contractors,
- Limitation of the impact of our activity on the environment.
The United Nations Global Compact: our contribution to a balanced and sustainable global economy
In 2010, we joined the United Nations Global Compact.
We thus publicly acknowledge our commitment to respecting the universally recognised principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption:
- Conditions pertaining to the employment of young people (minimum age limit),
- Ban on child labour and forced labour,
- Freedom of association,
- Rejection of discrimination of any kind based on age, sex, ethnic origin, religion, sexual preference, trade union membership, political opinions,
- Gender equality in terms of employment and remuneration,
- Rejection of any practice prejudicial to the freedom and dignity of all individuals: moral and sexual harassment, violence and bullying, etc.
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY - OUR KEY CONCERN
Our on-site working conditions aim to ensure your safety and well-being. In order to achieve this, GEFCO works in close cooperation with the social partners.
Safety Management SysTem
In 2010, we formalised our occupational risk management policy by adopting a Safety Management SysTem (SMST).
This approach involves managers, employees and subcontractors: it makes all of the Group's stakeholders accountable with regard to risks, and teaches them to ensure their own safety and the safety of those around them.
CHOOSING DIVERSITY /OR/ BECOMING A MODEL OF DIVERSITY OUR STANCE
We are convinced that diversity is a major source of social richness and competitiveness. We therefore ensure professional gender diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices in recruitment, training, and career development.
Employment of disabled workers
We pursue a proactive policy to encourage the integration and retention in employment of disabled workers, particularly through awareness-raising campaigns and training for managers and all employees.
Examples of actions undertaken within the Group include:
- In France, signing of a Handicap agreement in 2008. The employment rate of disabled workers now stands at 4% of our workforce and is constantly rising;
- Raising awareness among managers of the integration of disabled workers within GEFCO Argentina;
- A partnership between GEFCO Czech Republic and an office furniture manufacturer that employs disabled workers;
- Collaboration between GEFCO Germany and the administration dedicated to specially adapted protective and work equipment (ergonomic chairs, for example).
As part of the agreement on gender equality at work, GEFCO undertakes to:
- Encourage diversity within its business lines,
- Guarantee equal pay,
- Promote women and men under the same conditions,
- Guarantee equal access to vocational training.