Number one in Europe for finished vehicle logistics, with more than 4 million units shipped per year, we provide you with a range of key expertise: logistics engineering, multimodal transport, storage and preparation of vehicles as well as their distribution.
Our teams ensure the flexible management for mass production flows for passenger and commercial vehicles.
Their fields of expertise:
- Flow engineering and optimisation of logistics solutions,
- Flow management in accordance with manufacturers' standards,
- Flow tracking via a dedicated online portal,
- Event management and continuous improvement.
In order to meet your needs in terms of cost, deadlines, quality and respect for the environment, we have made rail transport our priority with over 500,000 new vehicles transported annually.
Our network and those of our partners give us the capacity of ensuring effective links between zones each with different rail track width: 1435 (Europe), 1520 (Russia and other CIS countries zone) and 1668 (Spain and Portugal).
Our fleet is composed of 3,200 car-carrying wagons:
- flat wagons,
- British and Spanish loading gauge,
- wagons equipped with protection systems: mesh sides, specific wedging systems, etc.
Road transport represents 50% of our vehicle shipments. The reliability of our solutions is based on the sizing of our fleet and our dense international network.
- 41 subsidiaries,
- 90 centres,
- a fleet of 2,300 car-carriers,
- 2,000 logistics solutions developed per year.
GEFCO ships nearly one million finished vehicles by sea each year.
According to our customers' needs we design Deep Sea or Short Sea, spot, regular or shuttle solutions.
Transport of prestige vehicles and prototypes
GEFCO also provides tailor-made services for the transport of prestige vehicles and prototypes during manufacturers' research and development stages (models, pre-series, etc.), or events (VIP customers, official cars, trade shows, launches, press presentations, photo shoots).
The GEFCO global network has 90 secure finished vehicle centres, 48 of which are equipped with workshops.
Experts in storage and customisation of vehicles, we offer a variety of value-added operations to meet manufacturers' requirements.
- Receipt of vehicles,
- Storage in dedicated areas,
- Maintenance of stored vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' standards.
Vehicle preparation and customisation
- Pre-delivery Inspection for new and second hand vehicles (PDI): diagnostics, mechanical tests, valenting and final quality control
- Customisation services (PPO):
- Commercial vehicle fittings,
- Preparation of Limited Series (bicolour and matte paint, stickers),
- Refurbishment of second hand vehicles and modification of commercial vehicles.
- Design reconditioning & Smart Repairs: bodywork/paint, reconditioning, etc.
We implement delivery solutions for dealerships (spot deliveries, urgent transport, etc.) in accordance with rigorous quality standards and processes standardised throughout our network.
Our teams also manage daily activity performance using specific performance indicators.
Finally, our Automotive portal guarantees perfect real time visibility of vehicle delivery and stock levels, and also allows dealers to register their deliveries.