The German importer of agricultural equipment IPSO was looking for a logistics partner to improve the delivery times of its products to Romania. GEFCO was chosen thanks to its strong presence in the region and its ability to manage complex logistics issues from end-to-end.
Managing delivery times to Romania
Until now, delivery times to dealerships in Romania were between 3 and 4 days. In order to optimise and ensure the reliability of these flows in the long term, the importer gave GEFCO two missions:
• To significantly reduce these delivery times, including the delivery of spare parts,
• To put in place key performance indicators (KPIs) which would enable them to manage and monitor deliveries.
The GEFCO solution
Optimisation of the door-to-door transport plan
The integrated solution put forward by GEFCO comprised two sections:
- Flow engineering: after analysing volumes and frequency, GEFCO defined precisely timed transport and handling plans:
- Two departures per day from the plant in Germany,
- Consolidation on the Arad platform (day two) with quality and conformity control,
- Distribution to dealerships in western Romania (load day one, deliver day two for Timisoara, load day one, deliver day three for the rest of the zone),
- Daily shuttle from the Arad platform to the platform in Bucharest (departure: day two, arrival: day three),
- Consolidation in Bucharest and distribution to the network of dealerships in southern Romania (load day one, deliver day three).
A tailor-made reporting system: every month, GEFCO provides IPSO with performance indicators reflecting the conformity of products, compliance with delivery times and invoicing.
A winning logistics solution
The organisation offered by GEFCO has ensured the reliability of delivery times, which are now set between 24 and 48 hours depending on the delivery zone (compared with 4 days previously).
Precisely timed transport and handling plans.
Find out more about: