German manufacturer BMW aimed to optimise the distribution of its two-wheeled vehicles in Argentina. BMW entrusted GEFCO with the reception, preparation and distribution of these “two-wheeled” vehicles across the Argentine territory.
Providing logistics services for two-wheelers in Argentina
BMW’s network of dealerships spans the six cities of Bahia Blanca, Tucuman, Cordoba, Mendoza, Santa Fe and Neuquén in Argentina. These locations are setting high expectations when it comes to the precision of deliveries and responsiveness, in particular with regard to accessories and spare parts. In order to ensure these expectations are met, BMW needed a partner that was capable of handling the entire challenge from A to Z.
The GEFCO solution
In response to BMW’s challenge, we designed separate solutions for vehicles and spare parts. Our aim: to ensure the maximum reliability of the storage and shipment of two-wheelers and to be capable of providing urgent delivery of components.
- Two-wheelers: receipt, quality control, bonded warehousing, packaging in wooden crates and capillary distribution by road.
- Spare parts: handling stock management, issuing preparation orders, preparation of event kits; establishment of standard and urgent distribution services.
Quality of service rate: 99%
By optimising storage, BMW was able to greatly reduce its logistics costs and reach its objectives with regard to quality of service:
- Rate of visibility of stocks: 99%
- 99.69% of urgent requests were met within the agreed timeframe,
- 99.23% of return requests carried out within the agreed timeframe.
Meeting high expectations in terms of delivery precision and responsiveness.
Since 2008, GEFCO has been one of BMW’s three go-to suppliers.